"It doesn't matter what you know. It only matters what you can do in the time it is needed most."
- Fighting is not self defense.
- Recreational Martial Arts is not combat.
- CQC/Hand-to-hand combat (H2H) is not street fighting.
- DT or Defensive Tactics are not MMA.
- Bodyguarding (Executive/Close Protection) is not Defensive Tactics
The moment you involve other variables such as multiple attackers, weaponization and the reality presented by the context of the situation is the moment you need to have combat flexibility. While grappling skills might serve you well, being one dimensional comes with significant risks.
- Club, Bat
- or Tire iron
- The fool (ignorant): Discusses who would beat whom- Jackie Chan vs Jet Li
- The uniformed: Talks about which martial arts style would defeat another fighting style
- The uninitiated: Defends the style they believe they understand or practice
- The wise: Busy training and can learn from anyone "There are no superior martial arts, only martial artists."
"Train as you fight."